The Scout Elves received Mrs. Claus’ permission to share a secret North Pole recipe for reindeer food with you! This treat is filled with all the special ingredients Santa’s reindeer eat the North Pole to make their Christmas Eve flight, and it’s delicious enough for kids to eat, too! Make it to enjoy with your family, let your kids use it during playtime with their Elf Pets® Reindeer, or leave it out next to Santa’s plate of cookies on Christmas Eve so he can give it to his nine trusty reindeer!
- Kellogg’s Corn Flakes®
- Bottled red and green sugar sprinkles
- Plastic bags or cellophane
- Hole puncher
- Scissors (adults only)
- Melt 85 grams of butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Pour 240 grams of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes® in a separate, large bowl.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the Corn Flakes and stir to coat.
- Moving quickly, sprinkle 56 grams of red and green sugar sprinkles on top, once again stirring to coat the cereal with sprinkles.
- Dish 30 grams of the reindeer food into each of eight plastic bags or pieces of cellophane.
- Use the paper and marker to create fun and creative labels for the bags of reindeer food.
- If using bags, close each bag and use a hole punch to create a hole in the top corner of the bag. Use ribbon to tie on the reindeer food labels. Or gather the ends of the cellophane together, thread your reindeer food label onto a piece of ribbon and use it to tie the bag together.
- Kids can enjoy with their Elf Pets® Reindeer as an tasty snack during play time, or leave it out to be delivered to Santa’s reindeer on Christmas Eve!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified doctor if needed.